Can a button be displayed at the bottom of the page?

Support Area Forums Grassroots Can a button be displayed at the bottom of the page?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Debbie Ethell
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I was wondering if it is possible to get a button to display at the bottom of a page instead of centered or on the right or left?

Thanks,
    Debbie

Bill Robbins

Hi Debbie,

One way you can do that is to add a button inside a text widget. The theme has a simple button shortcode that you can use to add a button. Just place this where you’d like to have your button:

[button label="What your button says" url="http://yourlink.com"]

Just replace the What your button says with what you’d like the text on the button to be. The http://yourlink.com will be the URL used.

That will let you add in a button to any page/post’s content or also in a text widget.

The theme has a footer widget area so you could add a button that’s at the bottom of every page by adding the text widget with button to that spot.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Debbie Ethell
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply but I meant…Can I add a button to the page you land on…not at the very, very bottom where the footer is. I have a background image and have the option of adding a button to every page. It says I can add one to the “Center”, “Right” or “Left” but not any lower on the page than Center. What I want to do is add a button or a simple down-arrow (if that’s easier) to the bottom of the landing page or the page you see.

The button’s url will just be #content because I want visitors to be able to push something instead of having to physically scroll down the page and I don’t want the button to interfere with the background image.

Let me know what you think would be the easiest way to do this.

Thanks for your help! 😉

-Debbie

Bill Robbins

Sounds like you may be referring to the hero area at the top of the page perhaps. If that’s the case, there isn’t a vertical alignment option for the content. It will all be centered in the available space for it.

Vertical alignment may get added as an option in the future though.

You are welcome to link the button to a section of the page using #content for example if you’d like to. That’ll work out fine.

Bill

Debbie Ethell
    Participant

Is there a way that the background picture of the Hero Section can scroll up once the visitor clicks anywhere on the screen to the content below? I’m just trying to find a way that a visitor can get to the content below the background picture in the Hero section without having to physically scroll down.

No worries if this is not possible but I wanted to check just in case.

Thanks,
    Debbie

Bill Robbins

You’re always welcome to edit the file in the theme that creates the hero section to insert a link.

I really think you’re ok though. You have the hero set to the medium height which will show content below it. There’s lots of usability research that shows that people really do scroll. They can see the content below. You can link the button to that content if you want to.

Debbie Ethell
    Participant

Ok thanks!

As long as people will scroll I should be fine 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Can a button be displayed at the bottom of the page?’ is closed to new replies.