Calendar Widget – Month View

Support Area Forums United Calendar Widget – Month View

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Ashley Davis
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Loving the United theme! (Especially the mega menu, allowing so much info to be available without navigating away from the home page!)

I know The Events Calendar is a plugin that you didn’t design. However, do you know of a way to make the Upcoming Events widget show a month grid instead of a list?

Thanks,
    Ashley

Bill Robbins

I’m glad you’re enjoying the theme Ashley. I thought the “mega” menu might be helpful to users, even if it’s a bit different.

Good question about the calendar. Modern Tribe does have a widget like that in their Pro version (http://tri.be/shop/wordpress-events-calendar-pro/). It looks like that’s the only way it’s available. I’ve used the Pro version before, but I don’t believe I’ve used that particular widget. I would imagine it would work well though.

If you have any questions, just let me know,
    Bill

Ashley Davis
    Participant

Thanks for the consistently quick responses.

Bummer! I was hoping there was a work-around.

Do you know of any other calendar widgets that might make that available for free?

Also, just noticed that the mobile Events page is not loading correctly to fit on the screen. (Half of the calendar month view is outside of the white page background, even when the page is zoomed out.) Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks again for all of your help!
    Ashley

Bill Robbins

I’m afraid don’t know of one that does. Several years ago all of the calendars were free, but they were really bad too. Now there are more options that work, but they tend not to be free.

Tables can be tricky to make responsive. What we can do is hide the header on small screens since it’s the days of the week names that’s causing trouble. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

@media only screen and (max-width: 520px) {

table.tribe-events-calendar thead {
      		display: none;
      	}

}

3. Update your settings.

See how that works for you,
    Bill

Ashley Davis
    Participant

Thanks Bill. That worked better, but I still have the last column hanging off the edge.

Is there a way to make it default to LIST view JUST when viewed on a mobile device?

Bill Robbins

That would be nice, but I don’t believe they have that as an option. It’s one reason why I almost always keep the list view up and not the table one. Tables are one of the worst parts of HTML to work with on responsive sites. It may not fit on a smartphone, especially in portrait.

Ashley Davis
    Participant

Okay, good to know. Thanks Bill!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Widget – Month View’ is closed to new replies.