buttons gone haywire…

Support Area Forums Live buttons gone haywire…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Micah Hensley
    Participant

I’m not sure if it was an update that caused all this to mess up or what…but all my buttons are now…not buttons. They’re just the info you gave me to put in, customized to what I need them to day and where they are to go…

[button label=”I Need Prayer” url=”http://cotroc.org/newsite/prayer-need/”%5D [button label=”I Just Accepted Jesus” url=”http://cotroc.org/newsite/just-accepted-jesus/”%5D

Thats what shows up not instead of my actual buttons! any help?

Bill Robbins

I don’t believe that Live has button shortcodes built into it. You could add them if you wanted to. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose functions.php and scroll down to the bottom of the file.
    3. Paste this there:

Be sure to copy that code from the support site and not the notification email.

4. Save your changes.

That would add in a basic button and a PayPal one too.

Micah Hensley
    Participant

weird b/c they used to work and be there. Just today something happened and all this craziness happened with my featured images and the buttons! But im gonna give what you put up there a try!

Micah Hensley
    Participant

so how do I actually get those buttons on the site then?

Micah Hensley
    Participant

and if i’m using a child theme, just switch to the live theme? or what?

Micah Hensley
    Participant

Ok another discovery. After clicking a button, the text in it goes to the same color as the button to where i cannot see what it says…where would I go to change the “already clicked text” color?

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Micah,

I’d be glad to take a look at the buttons for you. What’s the URL to one of your pages that has a button in it?

Thanks,
    Bill

Micah Hensley
    Participant

Hey Bill,
    The url is: http://cotroc.org/newsite/contact/
    I figured out, I think…, what happened to the buttons that were working. when you first gave me code to put in it was from the then new United theme, and it looks like this one is from a different theme. And an update or something rendered the old code invalid possibly.

So now it’s working, It’s just a matter of the “Clicked” color being the same as the button to where you can’t read it after you’ve clicked it once. I couldn’t find where to change it. and then also, if I’m using a child theme…do i make all those changes to the actual theme or the child? I put them in the actual theme…but would that mean another update would render the buttons invalid again?

Bill Robbins

Thanks Micah,

Let’s try adding this to your Custom CSS:

a:visited.button { color: #fff; }

and see if that won’t keep the text visible there. That’s the first time that’s come up, so I’ll also roll that into the theme.

You can place the code above in the child theme’s functions.php file. If we do add these to the live theme in the future, I’ll be listed in the change log. You could then take them out of the child theme.

I did pull that snippet from the Elite theme, but if we add them to the Live one, I’ll change the function names to reflect that. So don’t change them in your child theme so they’ll be a lower chance of a conflict in the future.

Have a great day,
    Bill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘buttons gone haywire…’ is closed to new replies.