Browser support

Support Area Forums Elite Browser support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Mark Newton
    Participant

Bill,

I hope you guys are all ready for the cold. I hope you miss the ice and stuff!

I cannot find the browser support from Elite theme. In other words, what browsers are supported going down to what versions? I have not yet run my site through browserstack.

I also do not see in the code a detect for those lower versions to force an upgrade rather than break the site. Maybe something like:

“<!–[if lt IE 7]><div class=”alert”>Your browser is ancient! Upgrade to a different browser or install Google Chrome Frame to experience this site.</div><![endif]–>”

Any thoughts sir? As always, thank you very much!

Mark

Bill Robbins

We’re hoping to miss the bulk of it. The worst they are predicting for my part of town is 1/4 an inch of ice which would leave me in my hilly neighborhood for a while. We’re hoping for less. For people who get a decent winter storm about every five years, two in two weeks is a bit much.

Great question about browser support. Officially we support IE 8 and up as well as the current versions of Chrome, Safari and Firefox. You could probably add an upgrade notice via a plugin that adds an alert in. I haven’t looked for one, but I’d be surprised if there isn’t one around.

Have a great night,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Browser support’ is closed to new replies.