Breadcrumbs

Support Area Forums Elite Breadcrumbs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Mark Newton
    Participant

Bill, any recommendation on adding breadcrumb to the site via a plugin that will work with Elite?

Bill Robbins

The only ones I’ve worked with in the theme are the ones that are built into WooCommerce. If I was going to add them, I’d probably use the ones that are built into WordPress SEO by Yoast since I’m typically running that plugin already. If you run into any trouble adding breadcrumbs, let me know.

Have a good evening,
    Bill

Mark Newton
    Participant

Yes, I agree. I am doing the same and just now enabled. I will let you know if I run into any problems. I assume activation will generate breadcrumbs with no problem on the theme. Thanks!

Bill Robbins

There is a bit of code that you’ll have to add to the theme to make display the breadcrumbs on the front of the site. You can find it by going to the SEO section the plugin adds and clicking on internal links. The code is at the bottom of that screen.

You’ll probably want to add it inside the #content div as that will place it in the top left of your inside pages, just above the title of that page/post. You’ll have to add it to these file:

• index.php
    • page.php
    • single.php

and optionally

• taxonomy-staff-group.php
    • single-staff.php
    • page-staff-list.php

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Mark Newton
    Participant

Happy Saturday Bill! Yeah, that did the trick on index, page and single. Placement was perfect too! I don’t really use the staff section of the theme so no mods there. Thanks again for all the help!

Have a great weekend,
    Mark

Bill Robbins

Anytime Mark. Enjoy your Saturday 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Breadcrumbs’ is closed to new replies.