Bottega Theme Update

Support Area Forums Bottega Bottega Theme Update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.viniculturewinebar.com
  • Author
    Rush
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    I see there has been a theme update and I have two questions for you.

1. I have several plug-ins, CSS, page customizations, etc, will the update affect any of this? Or can I simply update to new version and assume site will stay the same?

1. If I need to / you recommend I back-up the site prior to the upgrade…
    What is the best / easiest way to back up my client’s site?

Thank you, as always!

Bill Robbins

Hello Rush,

Great questions there. In a theme update, WordPress actually deletes all the original theme’s files and installs a fresh copy of the theme from our server. So any customizations that have been made directly to theme files will be lost. Anything in the theme options/customizer, page/post content, and plugins will be left as is.

So as long as you haven’t made any direct edits to theme files you can upgrade. If you have edited theme files, you’ll want to make a backup of those before you update. That way you can either make the same edits again, or include them in a child theme. If you’ll look on the home page of our support site you’ll see a post that can walk you through creating a child theme.

For backups, I’ve had good success with BackupBuddy. It’s not inexpensive, but it does work well. Plus it makes moving sites rather painless. Lots of people also like Backup to Dropbox.

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Rush
    Participant

Fantastic Support! Theme updated, no issues.
    Via BuckupBuddy, site backed up as well. Thank you very much.

Bill Robbins

Sweet!

Let me know if you need anything else.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Bottega Theme Update’ is closed to new replies.