Blog read more button.

Support Area Forums Finesse Blog read more button.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    DenisK
    Participant

Hello Bill,

If you look at screenshots. One of the posts has read more button other post does not, instead it shows Photo credit which somehow ended up on top. I have put Photo credit at the very end of the post.

Thank you.

Bill Robbins

Hi Denis,

I’ll probably need to be able to actually see the post to help out here.

Bill

DenisK
    Participant

I will email you log in info. The site is still under construction.

Thank you Bill.

Bill Robbins

Hi Denis,

So here’s what’s up. The blog section can be set to show either the full content or an excerpt of the content. If it’s the excerpt (the default option) then it will display the first 55 words and then cut the text off with a read more link.

Images aren’t displayed and don’t count towards the word total. If a post doesn’t have 55 words, then a read more link isn’t displayed. In terms of text, there isn’t more to read which is why it isn’t triggered.

You’ll probably need to add a bit more text to the post to have the read more trigger. The other alternative would be to go with the full content option and manually add a read more quick tag to the post’s content where you’d like to have it cut off.

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

DenisK
    Participant

Thank you Bill

I understand this part of the post. What I meant was: I create a post I give it a brief description, then I post images and at the very end of the post I put down. Photo: Example Pinterest. This Photo credit sentence comes up at the top post description before you click on it. Please review attached image.

It is supposed to stay at the end of the post and Not in top post description. The attached image would give you a better understanding.

Thank you Bill.

DenisK
    Participant

Sorry attached same images.

Bill Robbins

Denis,

It comes to the top because it is the next text in the post. Since images are skipped in excerpts, these are the next words that could be included even though they are at the end of the post. As far as the excerpt is concerned the images aren’t there and they aren’t pushing any content down. It’s just looking for the first 55 words, which in this case includes the photo credit.

You might consider making the photo credit a caption of the image instead of text in the post. I don’t know for certain, but I believe that might just keep it out of the excerpt.

Otherwise you can do one of two things. Add more text to the post so that the photo credit isn’t shown in the excerpt. Write a custom excerpt and place it in the excerpt box when you’re editing the post.

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

DenisK
    Participant

Thank you much Bill.

Have a great the rest of the day.

Bill Robbins

You too Denis 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Blog read more button.’ is closed to new replies.