Blog Post Author Bio

Support Area Forums Agency Blog Post Author Bio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Stephanie Cole
    Participant

Hi!

We’ve created author accounts for all our blog writers, and are trying to get the bio from the user info to appear under the post. Is there a simple way to do this that I’m missing? Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Stephanie,

Great question. You can add in an author box below your posts. Probably the easiest way to do that is with a plugin. There are a couple that would be good to look at:

Either one of those can create an author box that will be displayed at the bottom of your posts.

If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Stephanie Cole
    Participant

Thanks so much, Bill. I was hoping to not have to use a plugin- but that the WP author info would auto post. Do you know if either of these require a code in the post to display? And if I have to repopulate the info to display, or if it comes from the author info? Thanks so much for your help!

Bill Robbins

You can edit the theme to do that if you’d like to have the author information auto post, but it’s not built in. There is a tutorial at http://www.paulund.co.uk/how-to-display-author-bio-with-wordpress that can show you how to hard code in an author box if you’d like to.

It’s my understanding that both of the plugins will pull the information from your author profile and add it at the bottom of your post content. WordPress has a filter that they can use to add in the author box there without any edits to the theme.

I would probably go with the Fancier Author Box one. If it doesn’t fit your needs you could always go with the option in the tutorial.

If you need any help, let me know,
    Bill

Stephanie Cole
    Participant

Bill,

I will give this a try. Thank you so very much. You are always most helpful, and it is very much appreciated! Have a great one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Blog Post Author Bio’ is closed to new replies.