Blog Page Question – Kerygma

Support Area Forums Kerygma Blog Page Question – Kerygma

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Vanessa Ekno
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Having some trouble updating my blog page – The wording shown in screen shot is not what I have entered into hero and title sections. It is surely something simple but I’m missing this.

Thank you for your help!

Vanessa Ekno

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

Hi Vanessa,

Just to make sure we’re looking in the same spot here, you’re setting the hero for the blog page, correct? That hero is set in the theme options page instead of on the individual page due to how WordPress treats the blog page. Are you adding it in the theme options or the page itself?

Bill

Vanessa Ekno
    Participant

Thanks, Bill. I was trying to add through the individual page. It is set up now through the theme options page but I’m blank as to how to get it to show on the navigation menu. When I try to add it to menu (via adding a page) it doesn’t show my hero selection. So sorry – surely I’m plain forgetting the basics.

Vanessa

Bill Robbins

Hi Vanessa,

You do need to create an actual page for your blog. Publish it and set it to be the posts page in the reading settings. After that you can add a hero to that page via the theme options. Due to how WordPress handles the blog page (posts page) the hero isn’t added on the blog page, but an actual page for the blog has to exist and be published. Once it is you can add it to your navigation menu like you would any other page.

Hope that helps out. Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Blog Page Question – Kerygma’ is closed to new replies.