Blog page not working

Support Area Forums Epic Blog page not working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Curt Kipp
    Participant

Hi Bill,

We have another question. We would like to have a blog page on our site (www.wilsonvillerotary.com). It is there at http://www.wilsonvillerotary.com/blog/ but it is totally blank when you load. Is the only way to do this by setting up a categories page? I’ve done this and I don’t love the categories page because again you get the links stripped out, and the content cuts off without a “read more.” Can this be fixed with a php tweak like we did for the front page posts (thanks, by the way)? Are there other options?

Curt

Bill Robbins

Curt,

Great question. The blog area is another spot that I have down to make a few edits in for the next release. As the theme is now, you’ll need to add a category to the navigation in order to add a blog “page” to the site.” I’ve been moving my themes away from having a built-in home page in part so that it’s easier to add in a blog without adding using the category method.

You can switch from an excerpt to the full content. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose archive.php and look for this spot:

<?php the_excerpt();?>

3. Replace that with this:

4. Save your changes.

That will show the full page content unless you also include a "more" tag in your post.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Curt Kipp
    Participant

Bill,

That did the trick. Thanks for your help! I hope you do make the change so that the blog page can be included without a workaround. I think it would be an improvement, as long as we can still have the front page functionality we have now (slides, widget-based layout, etc.). My $0.02.

Curt

Bill Robbins

Thanks Kurt. That’s the plan to give people the most flexibility possible without needing to edit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Blog page not working’ is closed to new replies.