Blog Page issues

Support Area Forums Agency Blog Page issues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Matthew Hallock
    Participant

I set my News page as the page that I wanted to send all of the blog entries to under General Settings. The posts appear on the News page like they are supposed to. I set the News page to have a featured image in the top and to have a sidebar but the header image and sidebar don’t show up on the news page. Do you know what could be causing this problem?

Bill Robbins

Great question. When a page is selected as the “posts” page, WordPress will ignore pretty much everything about that page except for the title.

You can set the featured image though. Inside the theme options page, there is a spot where you can set a header image for archive pages. That should let specify the header image there.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Matthew Hallock
    Participant

Thanks, I was able to specify the header image. Is there a way to get a sidebar like in the sample demo? I want to show recent posts, categories and links on the side of the post page.

Matthew Hallock
    Participant

The sidebar shows up on individual posts but not on the designated post page.

Bill Robbins

There are a few different sidebars for the inside pages/posts in the site. The Default sidebar is like the complete fallback, so if any of the more specific sidebars isn’t being used, then the defaul will be visible.

If you still have trouble, send over a link to your blog page and I’ll take a look for you.

Thanks,
    Bill

Matthew Hallock
    Participant

Actually I got it to work. Thank you so much for all of your help!

Bill Robbins

Fantastic. If you need anything else, let me know.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Blog Page issues’ is closed to new replies.