Blog issue?

Support Area Forums Kerygma Blog issue?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.familylifecc.tv/blog/kevins-blog
  • Author
    Kevin Huntsinger
    Participant

So, I am trying to discipline my self to write more. The question is, that I believe I set it up correctly.. however when you click “read more” it brings to a search page “Not Found.”

Also: is there a way to keep the Life in Worship image at the top at all times?

Bill Robbins

Hi Kevin,

Writing more is a great idea (one I need to do more of myself). Most often not found errors are caused by issues with “permalinks” in WordPress. Let’s do this first. Go to the Setting section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Permalinks. From the options there, choose the “plain” option. If you don’t see plain, then choose default. Those labels have recently changed in a WordPress update. Then save your changes.

Try visiting your post now and see if you can pull it up. If you can then go back to permalinks and choose the post name option and try again. Hopefully you’ll be able to get to the post now.

Let me know what you turn up.

Take care,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

With the default links, http://www.familylifecc.tv/blog/kevins-blog won’t be a page link anymore. You’ll need to view the page and post from inside the dashboard to verify that it’s working or not.

Kevin Huntsinger
    Participant

Ok! That’s fixed (thank you!). Now, is there a way for me to keep my logo image like before always at the top? Or will I have to manually add that each post?

Bill Robbins

Glad that’s fixed for you now. I’m not entirely sure I’m following you about the logo though. Would you mind explaining what you’re wanting to do a bit more?

Bill Robbins

You’re welcome to add in a hero to your blog page. The only catch is it is added in the theme options instead of on the page directly. Give that a shot and let me know if you have any trouble.

Bill Robbins

There’s a checkbox to include the hero section on the blog page, is that checked?

Bill Robbins

Don’t forget to set your permalinks back to post name now that they are working with the “plain” ones.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Blog issue?’ is closed to new replies.