Blog archive spacing

Support Area Forums Grassroots Blog archive spacing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://mylibertyclassical.com
  • Author
    Carter Sanger
    Participant

All of the blog entries take the same space as a video blog requires, even when there are no pictures or videos associated with the blog. Am I missing something?

Thanks Bill.
    Carter

Bill Robbins

Hey Carter,

That is odd indeed. Something in those posts is triggering the video to display even though there isn’t a video present. I haven’t been able to duplicate that locally yet, so let’s take that out for the time being from your site. Here’s how:

1. In your WordPress dashboard click on the Appearance section and choose Theme Options.
    2. From the tabs at the top, choose the Advanced one.
    3. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

.entry-header .fit-video {
      	display: none;
      }

4. Save your changes.

I’ll take a look at that a bit more and see if I can figure out what’s causing that. If you run into trouble, let me know.

Bill

Bill Robbins

I always try to be as quick as possible with answering questions. Unanswered questions are like a rock in a shoe to me.

In the demo, the blog make uses of the WordPress posts page. That can be set right next to where the front page is assigned in the reading settings. It looks like the news section of the school’s site is there with a post category. That’s perfectly fine too. You can add the page title there by adding this to your Custom CSS too:

.category.archive h1.page-title, 
    .blog h1.page-title {
    	display: none;
    }

Let me know if that gives you any trouble.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Blog archive spacing’ is closed to new replies.