blank page after upgrade to WP 3.9 – old jquery

Support Area Forums Photobug blank page after upgrade to WP 3.9 – old jquery

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://chart2.am.firma.cc/
  • Author
    Steve Sipos
    Participant

Hi,
    we are in the process of upgrading our wordpress based sites to the newest WP version 3.9 and upgrading a site that uses the latest version of photobug I ended up with an almost blank page. Almost because all I can see is the background.
    Firebug tells me that there is a problem with the slideshow’s JQuery:

Zeitstempel: 24.04.2014 11:47:59
    Fehler: uncaught exception: The jQuery version that was loaded is too old. Lightbox Evolution requires jQuery 1.3+

Indeed, turning off Javascript shows my page. What can I do to upgrade the theme’s javascript version to a more recent one?

Bill Robbins

Hello Steve,

Sorry for the trouble there. With WordPress 3.6, the bundled version of jQuery went from 1.8 to 1.10 which while it’s a higher version number, mathematically 1.10 = 1.1. That caused the lightbox script to think you were using an older version of jQuery.

There are a couple of options for you. You can download the current version of the theme from the list on the right and install it. You may need to unzip the file and rename the folder photobug-update and then zip it back up in order to install it through the theme installer. The updated version of the theme has built-in support for automatic theme updates so you’ll be able to update from inside the dashboard in the future.

The other option is to use a plugin that you can find at https://support.organizedthemes.com/wordpress-3-6/ . It’ll roll the jQuery used on your site back to 1.8.3 which should also fix things.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘blank page after upgrade to WP 3.9 – old jquery’ is closed to new replies.