Beginner's guide to setting up a home page

Support Area Forums Epic Beginner's guide to setting up a home page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    David Woll
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’m sorry, but I can’t figure out how to make any sort of page act as my home page.

I have set the reading settings to load a static front page. I created a page called “Home” and selected it. Still nothing but a white screen shows up.

Can you please back up for me and tell me what I’m missing…from the beginning?

Bill Robbins

David,

Great question. Epic includes a built in home page that actually appears automatically with WordPress’ default reading settings. If the front page displays is set to “Display latest posts” then the home page will be visible. So you actually don’t have to create a separate page for your home page. Once you have that set, you can then add the content via widgets.

To add a menu item for your home page, go to Appearance > Menu to open up the navigation builder. Go to the pages section and select “See All.” WordPress will then include a home link you can add.

If you have any trouble, just let me know,
    Bill

David Woll
    Participant

Bill,

Thanks for explaining. I’ve changed my Reading settings so that it displays the latest posts. I’ve also added the “Home” link in the Menu. I’ve created a couple slides, too. Still nothing.

I must have done something to mess it up. Any advice?

http://columbiaheights.ipower.com

David

Bill Robbins

David,

I’ll be happy to take a look for you, but I’m getting a landing page from your webhost when I click on that link. If you’ll let me know when it’s back up, I’ll get to the bottom of it for you.

Thanks,
    Bill

John Renock
    Participant

Bill,

I have been doing web pages for a while and decided switching to WP would make it easier for my successors at the church to pick up and carry on and I can retire.

How do I install a slider on the home page? I am using Authentic Theme and finally figured out (with the help of the above post) how to locate the home page and get it on the menu.

Looking at Customize themes I see the home page and where the slider should go, but am lost as to how to put in the images and install it on the home page.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

John

PS: after posting I realized in wrong forum.

Bill Robbins

No problem John. Just in case someone needs to find the answer, it’s on this post.

Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Beginner's guide to setting up a home page’ is closed to new replies.