Bad install

Support Area Forums Bottega Bad install

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Eric Hagerty
    Participant

Installing Theme from uploaded file: bottega.zip
    Unpacking the packageā€¦

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

downloaded zip file and clicked on install in fresh 3.6 WordPress install.

Ideas?

thanks
    Eric

Bill Robbins

Eric,

That’s not good. Have you tried downloading the file and installing it again? If you still run into trouble, let me know.

Bill

Eric Hagerty
    Participant

Tried three times to install the zip file after having deleted the existing one. Same issue. Looks like either the zip file is corrupt, or the download is corrupting the file.
    Any ideas?
    FTP to Dreamhost (my ISP) and try to just copy the expanded files to the theme folder (not sure how that works, but should I give it a try?

Eric

Bill Robbins

Hey Eric,

Have you tried installing any other themes? I just downloaded the theme and gave it a fresh test installation and didn’t run into any trouble.

You can install via FTP. Once upon a time that was the only option for installing a WordPress theme. Just browse to the wp-content/themes/ folder and upload the unzipped theme there.

If you run into any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Erik Smelser
    Participant

Bill:

I’m having the exact error with this theme. I’ve tried to install on two platforms — PC and Mac. Both are giving me the same error Eric references above.

Bill Robbins

Sorry for the trouble Erik. I just did a test installation on my local Mac and also a WP Engine and both loaded up.

I’ve just re-zipped the archive and uploaded it again to the server. If you don’t mind try to download it again and see if this works for you.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Erik Smelser
    Participant

I’m getting the same error with a fresh download.

Bill Robbins

Could you send a login to support@organizedthemes.com do I can take a closer look for you?

Bill Robbins

Thank you for sending over the login Erik. The good news is, the theme installed. The bad news is, I still don’t know what the source of the problem is. Since it’s happened to both of you guys, I know there’s something. Whatever it is, we’ll sort it out.

If you have any other questions or trouble, just let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

I believe I’ve tracked the trouble down to my Dropbox account. I’m updating all the links which hopefully will keep that from happening anymore.

If anyone runs into trouble, let me know.

Erik Smelser
    Participant

Thanks for the the help on the installation. I appreciate it.

Bill Robbins

Anytime Erik. If I can help with anything else, let me know.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Bad install’ is closed to new replies.