background size

Support Area Forums Elite background size

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    sensei m
    Participant

Hi!

I am trying to resize the background image in home. But I cant seem to fit it perfectly. Also when i maximize and maximize the page the background shifts…

meandmommystuff.com

Bill Robbins

The background in the hero section is a bit fluid. It’s going to try to always cover the screen which means if the browser is tall and narrow, the left and right sides of the image will be cropped out. If it’s short and wide, then the top and bottom will be cropped off.

The best strategy is to keep the most important content in the middle of the image both vertically and horizontally. Then treat the rest of it as being somewhat expendable because in all likelihood, part of it will be cropped out.

When you maximize a browser window, it often changes the size and aspect ratio of the browser. That will cause the image to move as it tries to keep that area filled.

It’s a bit of a tradeoff. If we made sure that the entire image was always visible, then the hero section couldn’t be full screen or we’d have to skew the image and that would look funny too.

For the demo, I sized most of the images to be around 2400 pixels wide by 1200 pixels tall.

If I can help, let me know.

sensei m
    Participant

Okay then I will just mess around with it some more… appreciate your answer, thank you

Bill Robbins

Anytime. Enjoy your weekend.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘background size’ is closed to new replies.