Background pic not showing up on mobile

Support Area Forums Elite Background pic not showing up on mobile

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.jkconditioning.com
  • Author
    Jon Kawamoto
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Jon here again. I have an attention widget with a fixed background where the text scrolls over the background on desktop but is fixed on mobile. I know I can’t get the text to scroll over this background on mobile, but the image doesn’t appear on mobile at all. It’s layer 3.

Attached is a screenshot of layer 3 and layer 5 on mobile – they are both attention widgets with the same scrolling text. Layer 5 shows a background image which at least gives contrast between the layers. Layer 3 shows no image, therefore no contrast between layers.

How can I can I get the image to show on layer 3 on mobile? I’ve re-uploaded the image but that didn’t work. Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Hi Jon,

Fixed backgrounds do go a bit crazy on mobile devices. Not only do they not fix in place, but they take the height of the document and not the “box” that they are in.

Let’s try this:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px) {

#home-three,
      	#home-five,
      	#home-seven,
      	#home-ten {
      		background-attachment: scroll !important;
      	}

}

3. Update your settings.

See how that works out,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Glad that helped out Jon. I’ve already added that to the next theme update to cover all home page blocks for everyone else too.

Have a great week 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Background pic not showing up on mobile’ is closed to new replies.