background not showing on ipad

Support Area Forums Umami background not showing on ipad

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    David Hildering
    Participant

Hi Bill,

First of all, thank you for this great theme! I really like the video background, but unfortunatly, I can’t get it to work properly on the iPad. As i’ve read on other forumthreads, mobile devices don’t support the videobackground, which is ok, i can live with that for now. However, I would be nice if the initial background image would show up instead in my background, but all I get is a black screen :(. The size of the image is really small, tried png, jpeg. Thereby, if I ‘shrink’ the screen on the ipad, showing all the open windows in thumbsize, the thumb does show the background image! If I open it again to fullscreen, it goes black again.

Hope you can assist me in this one,

Best regards,

David

Bill Robbins

Hi David,

Thank you for your business. I really do appreciate it. It would be nice if mobile devices supported video backgrounds. Maybe at some point in time that’ll happen and make life easier and more predictable for us all.

Would it be possible to see the site with the video background in it? That way I can take a look and see what might be a good option for your situation.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

David,

Thank you for sending over the link. I took a look around and I think I have some changes that I hope will help out for you. Here’s what to do:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose custom-js.php
    3. Replace all the content in the file with this:

(See the support site for the code to copy)

Save your changes.

4. Next go to the Theme Options page and select the Advanced tab.
    5. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px) {

#video-wallpaper {
      		display: none;
      	}

}

6. Save your changes.

Give those changes a shot and see how it works for you now. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Bill

David Hildering
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thank you, your solution works perfectly! Best and fastest helpdesk ever 😉 thanks again!

Best regards,

David

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear that did the trick David 🙂

Have a great week!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘background not showing on ipad’ is closed to new replies.