Background image(s) won't load

Support Area Forums Foxy Background image(s) won't load

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.breadheadbakery.com
  • Author
    Jason Cannon
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m having trouble with the background images not loading on my site. Specifically the main trouble seems to be with the background slideshow. A ‘loading’ icon appears top right near the social media bar, yet the images don’t load.
    Any tips?
    Thanks in advance!

Bill Robbins

Hello Jason,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble there. There are a couple of different places to add in background images, depending on what the page has content wise on it.

The ultimate fallback is in the theme options page (in the Appearance section of your WordPress dashboard). You can add backgrounds there that will appear if one of the more specific ones isn’t in use.

It looks like you discovered how to add an image to an individual page.

I noticed the bakery menu group didn’t have an image in it. To add an image there, go to Food in your WordPress dashboard and click on Menu Groups. Your menu groups will be listed in the top right hand corner. Click on the group you’d like to edit and that will take you to the details screen for that group. There is an uploader there that you can use to add in your background image.

If you need to have a slideshow on an individual page you can. First edit the page where you want it to be. Then look in the right hand column for the “formats” box and click on gallery. Now all the images you upload while editing that page will be used in the background. You don’t have to insert the images into the content of the page, but by uploading them while you’re editing it, WordPress will “attach” that image to that page and know to use it.

If you run into any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Background image(s) won't load’ is closed to new replies.