Background image slider not showing up

Support Area Forums Foxy Background image slider not showing up

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Terence
    Participant

Bill, I need your advice about how to edit Supersized – Fullscreen Slideshow jQuery Plugin Version 3.1.3.

I use Cloudflare [https://www.cloudflare.com/] for all my sites and it has a function called Rocket Loader which sometimes causes problems with java script. Rocket Loader automatically asynchronously loads your JavaScript resources, resulting in faster page rendering. It handles both inline and external scripts, while maintaining order of execution. But in this case, when I use it for Foxy, it doesn’t load the background image slider, and I believe its the Supersized script that I need to load it manually.

In manual mode, you designate which scripts Rocket should load asynchronously. You can also override Automatic mode on a script-by-script basis. So what I would like to do is leave it in Automatic mode, but modify the Supersized script to be loaded “manually”, that is, with this added code.

Manual mode syntax: [php]<script data-cfasync="true" src="/javascript.js"></script>[/php]

Note: data-cfasync must be the first attribute on the tag.

Can you give me some advice on how best to do this please?

Terence
    Participant

I can see where the script is called in “custom-js.php” I just don’t know how best to edit it, so I thought I’d ask you and find out the right way.

All the other scripts seem to work OK with Rocket Load running in automatic mode but I just wondered, should I load any of the other scripts manually.

Bill Robbins

I haven’t used that service so I can’t speak from experience. The custom-js.php file allows for the various dynamic options to work with the slideshow (different images, slide options). The result gets output into the footer of the theme.

If you don’t plan on using different images around the theme, you could create a file called custom.js or something similar and just place your compiled code from your footer into it. That would take away the dynamic nature, but you might be able to use the service you’re speaking of.

If you decide to do that, you’ll also need to delete this line from functions.php:

include(TEMPLATEPATH.”/includes/custom-js.php”);

since you won’t need to load that anymore.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Background image slider not showing up’ is closed to new replies.