Background image

Support Area Forums Moonrise Background image

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    RecipeSocial
    Participant

Hi Bill,

The background image appear quite pixelated on the iPad and iPhone but is completely fine on the iMac…

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,

Christian.

Bill Robbins

Try making the images JPEG’s with a smaller overall file size and see if that won’t help out. The iPhone and iPad have to resize the images down and larger images can cause trouble, especially if there are several of them. If that doesn’t get it, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

RecipeSocial
    Participant

Thanks for the info.

I have swapped over the files to Jpegs but the (background) image (only) is still getting blown up on iPhone and iPad – what dimensions do you recommend?

currently these are the settings for the file:

File type: JPG
    File size: 203 kB
    Dimensions: 1000 × 667

Thanks,

Christian.

RecipeSocial
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I have just tried changing the dimensions (500 × 334) and (1000 × 667) and (2000 × 1334) for the background image (wood effect) but it doesn’t make any difference on the iPad and now the the image won’t show at all on the iPhone even at (500 × 334).

Very frustrating… Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Christian.

Bill Robbins

I’d be glad to take a look on my iPhone and iPad. Can you email a login to support@organizedthemes.com so I can get past the maintenance mode on those devices?

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending over the login. Have you tried setting the background scaling to “none” instead of “cover.” I think that may be blowing up the image so that’s no longer a high quality picture. The cover option works best when you’re trying to have a background like our Foxy theme with a photograph covering the whole background. I would go with a repeating wood texture if you can.

See if that doesn’t help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Background image’ is closed to new replies.