Authentic look

Support Area Forums Authentic Authentic look

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Nancy
    Participant

I recently purchased the Authentic Theme. I am new to building websites. I liked the look of the Authentic, when transferring over my old theme, I would like to make it like the example of the Authentic theme. I liked the slide show on top, and images below to add content. Are there widgets or plugins I must use to achieve this? Sorry for the silly question.

Bill Robbins

Nancy,

Thank you for your business first of all and those are not silly questions either. Let me see if I can help you out.

Home Page
    Since you were using a different theme, you may have a page already set to serve as your home page. Authentic actually comes with a built in home page that will be visible automatically with WordPress’ default reading settings. If you had a static page set to serve as your home page, you’ll need to change that. To do that, go to Settings in your WordPress control panel and select Reading. At the top, make sure it is set so the font page displays your latest posts. Save your changes. That will actually bring up the built-in home page.

Home Page Content
    The content on the home page is made up of the slideshow and then widgets. You can set the widgets by going to the Appearance section and selecting Widgets. There you can add, remove and rearrange the widgets so they look like you want them too.

For the slides, there is a quick video here that can walk you through adding them. It’s for the Progress theme, but the method is the same:

If you have any questions as you’re setting things up, just let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Authentic look’ is closed to new replies.