Audio player fault after updating to wordpress 4.1

Support Area Forums Authentic Audio player fault after updating to wordpress 4.1

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question: http://livets-vann.no
  • Author

Hi!

I just updatet to wordpress 4.1 this morning. But when I checked the podcasts I see the audio player has some error. It is possible to hear the message, but the appearance is distorted.

Is it the new update that makes the error?

Ole

John Renock
    Participant

I too have the same problem. galionfirstlutheran.org

Bill Robbins

Well that’s not good. I’ll write an update up and send it out, most likely this afternoon.

Thanks guys,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

I just pushed out the update that should take care of this for you. You can often force WordPress to get the update immediately by going to the updates screen in your dashboard and refreshing it. That typically will force WordPress to look for it more quickly.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Hi!

I have updated the theme. And I got a new audio player, but it is not finding the file, it says: “file not found” on the player.

Do I have to change somethings in the podcasts? Edit each of them?

Ole

Bill Robbins

Ole,

It looks like the audio player that I’m seeing is from a plugin and not the one that the theme uses. The theme uses the WP Core’s player.

Can you double check and make sure that the URL to the podcast audio file is in the field for it in the theme’s podcast details box?

Thanks,
    Bill

Now I solved it! I had the audio player plugin (i use it in the worship page). When I turned it off, the audio player in podcast works.

Ole

Bill Robbins

Splendid 🙂

You may be able to use the core player on your worship page too. Basically all you have to do is place the audio file on its own line and WordPress will use the player with it (http://codex.wordpress.org/Audio_Shortcode).

Take care,
    Bill

Thank You for all help 🙂
    The web page is now working good!

Ole

Bill Robbins

Always happy to help out Ole.

Merry Christmas 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Audio player fault after updating to wordpress 4.1’ is closed to new replies.