Attention Widget button colour

Support Area Forums Forward Attention Widget button colour

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    J
    Participant

Hi Bob,

The text colour in the Attention Widget button label is not appearing as the colour that I have selected for the footer widget buttons (which is where it is located) and I don’t see where else to adjust this button’s text colour. Also, when hovering over this button the text disappears completely (and I have not selected the same text colour and hover colour – which might be the obvious reason why the text disappears).

I’d like the Attention Widget button colour text to be white. The button colour and hover colour are fine as is.

You provided me with code to fix a similar problem before.

Also, our Footer Widgets are not showing up in the order that I have placed them. Even if I shuffle them about in an attempt to get them in the correct order, that doesn’t work either.

Your assistance is always greatly appreciated.

J

Bill Robbins

Hi J,

I’d be glad to take a look for you. What’s the URL to your site?

Bill

J
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

The attention widget’s button is a link, so it’s inheriting the other link colors in the footer area here. You can change it’s color this way:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Customize.
    2. Look down for the advanced section and click on it. Then choose Custom CSS.
    3. In the box there, add this:

#footer-sidebar a.button {
      	color: #fff;
      }

#footer-sidebar a:hover.button {
      	color: #fff;
      }

The top color there is the default button text color. The second style is for the hover color. Change those to fit your needs if you want something other than white.

4. Save your changes.

The widgets in the footer will be arranged by a script to keep larger vertical gaps from forming. Try moving the attention widget to be last in the list and see if that doesn’t place it below the newsletter widget.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Attention Widget button colour’ is closed to new replies.