Appearance in Facebook

Support Area Forums Elite Appearance in Facebook

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    darius Pasvenskas
    Participant

Hi,
    home page of my site http://www.laboutique.lt does not appear nicely in Facebook, all other pages appears perfectly, but home page no. Why? an How can I fix it?

Bill Robbins

Good Morning,

I’m not entirely certain what you’re describing. Is there a Facebook web browser that you’re using?

Just let me know and I’ll be glad to help.

Thanks,
    Bill

darius Pasvenskas
    Participant

When I want to share my website on FB, it doesn’t show description and image.

Bill Robbins

Gotcha. What I would suggest doing is installing the WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin. It does a great job of creating your titles and description for search engines but it also adds in the necessary tags for sharing via Facebook and other services. I would give it a shot.

If you run into trouble, let me know,
    Bill

darius Pasvenskas
    Participant

I have it, it helped a lot with other pages, but does not fix it with Home page.

Bill Robbins

If you’ll go to the SEO section that the plugin added to your WordPress control panel and select Social, you can define the home page image and description on the Facebook tab there.

To get the URL to any image on your site, open up the Media Library and then click on the image you’d like to use. In the screen that opens up, look on the right and you’ll see a box for the “File URL.” Copy that URL and paste it into the box for the home page image back in the Social Settings.

You can also add in a default image that will be used if there are no images on a page/post that’s being shared. I use the URL to my logo there.

If you run into trouble, let me know,
    Bill

darius Pasvenskas
    Participant

I don’t know what you did, but you solved that problem, Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Fantastic! Have a great weekend and let me know if anything else comes up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Appearance in Facebook’ is closed to new replies.