All-in-One Event Calendar code displaying incorrectly in header

Support Area Forums Authentic All-in-One Event Calendar code displaying incorrectly in header

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I use then.ly’s All-in-One Event Calendar plugin with a child theme of Authentic. When you click on an event in the calendar, some of the code appears in the header. It looks like this may be because of the theme calling the get_the_excerpt function.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-all-in-one-event-calendar-duplicate-code-inserted-broken-google-map-display

Call you tell me in what file to find this function so that I can edit it to stop this code from displaying incorrectly in the header? Or if you have another fix, any help is appreciated.

Bill Robbins

Great question. Here’s what I’d suggest. In the theme options you can select to disable the built in SEO. Do that and install the WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin. It’ll do a great job with your title/descriptions and it will also offer some tips/prompts to help you with your search engine optimization. I’ve used it since it was released and it’s been quite helpful. Plus you don’t have to make any edits to make that work.

On a related note, I would be cautions about using that particular calendar plugin. Just a couple of weeks ago they had some large javascript problems and just last weekend, they recommended one of my other customers to edit some WordPress core files to make the plugin work (not something you should ever do).

If I can help at all, let me know,
    Bill

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great, thank you, Bill. Is there a calendar plugin that you recommend that has similar functionality?

Bill Robbins

I normally recommend The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe. The free version is feature rich and generally works well for most people’s needs. If you do need more they have a “Pro” version that adds more features.

Another promising looking calendar that has come out recently is Sugar Event Calendar by Pippins Plugins. I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet, but it is from a respected developer and appears to provide solid calendar functionality without all the fluff that sometimes comes with calendars.

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Bill

Robyn
    Participant

Thanks for the recommendation, Bill! It is working great for me!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘All-in-One Event Calendar code displaying incorrectly in header’ is closed to new replies.