Additional staff members not visible under "Staff" section

Support Area Forums Moonrise Additional staff members not visible under "Staff" section

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Oscar Lutteroth
    Participant

On the “Staff” section, by default it shows three people, each with a headshot, title and bio. I need to add a fourth person for my site but I am not able to have his pic and bio display on the page.

I added him via the “Staff” menu on the WP dashboard but don’t see where I can change the settings for him to show up on the home page.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Robbins

Oscar,

For the fourth member you’ve added, are they in the same staff group that the other three are listed in? That’s how the widget determines which staff members to include and which ones to leave out.

If you do have them all in the same group, let me know and if possible, send over a link too.

Thanks,
    Bill

Oscar Lutteroth
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I overlooked that, I’ve now added him to the same staff group and he’s showing up. He’s showing up on the next row though. Ideally I’d like to have all 4 of them on one row. I assume this means some edits to the CSS and likely smaller images. Please let me know the best way to approach this.

Link here: http://bit.ly/12BZcQy

Bill Robbins

Oscar,

Thanks for the link–great looking site. I’d love to list it in our showcase if that’s ok with you.

You can fit for on a row. Just place this snippet in the Custom CSS box that’s in the Styling tab of the Theme Options page:

.staff-list li {
    	width: 217px;
    }

Update your settings and that should do it.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Oscar Lutteroth
    Participant

Hi Bill,

That did the trick. Regarding the showcase, sure thing. Once the site is live I’ll shoot you an email and you can list it.

One last question, this is regarding the “Address & Hours” section. The restaurant has a 2nd location, listed under the “4S Ranch” heading, but I need to edit the formatting to match the “La Jolla Location”.

I used the “Appearance > Widgets” feature and added a “text” widget to the “Contact” sidebar in order to add the second address.

Thanks again for all your help!

Bill Robbins

Oscar,

I believe you can format the text widget so it matches the other address. You’ll want to place this in the first text widget:

and then this in the second one:

You’ll need to replace the Times 1, Times 2, and so on as well as the address elements with the correct information for each location. I think the title of the widget will match the sections so you can use those to divide them if you need to.

If you need more lines copy the last line in each <li> block and paste it right below it to create another space.

See if that won’t format the address and times to match.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Oscar Lutteroth
    Participant

Hi Bill,

That’s what I had tried originally, but it did not work.

Let me provide some more details, the “Our Hours” and “La Jolla Location” content is being pulled from the “Appearance > Theme Options > Contact” tab. The content for “4S Ranch” is in “Appearance > Widgets” and then I added a “Text” widget to the “Contact” tab on the right hand sidebar.

Is your suggestion to have all the content be in the “Appearance > Widgets” section?

In the interim, I added this snippet to the Custom CSS box

.widget ul {
    margin-left: 25px;
    }

It did the trick, but I’m worried it might have some formatting effects later on down the line.

Thanks,
    Oscar

Bill Robbins

That sounds like what I did. Here’s what it looked like on my local development site:

If you want to make sure the style only affects the widgets in the contact section, you could use this:

.contact .widget ul {
    	margin-left: 25px;
    }

Then the left hand margin would only affect the ul’s inside a widget in the contact section. It won’t change the address and times that are part of contact section already, but would affect any widget added there.

Hopefully that will help out. Let me know if you need anything else,
    Bill

Oscar Lutteroth
    Participant

This works like a charm. Thanks again for the quick replies to all these issues!

Bill Robbins

I’m glad that worked out so well for you. If you need anything else, let me know.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Additional staff members not visible under "Staff" section’ is closed to new replies.