Adding thumbnail support to Podcast Series

Support Area Forums Responsive Visual Adding thumbnail support to Podcast Series

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    James Junior
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for all your great work on these themes. We love them. We are using “Responsive Visual” for our campus ministry site at: ccfministry.com

I would like to create an archive that shows a list of Podcast Series. Each series in the list would display a title and a thumbnail (see attached image 1).

When you click on the title/thumbnail, you would go to a series specific page, that displays a list of all the podcast posts in that series (see attached image 2).

I don’t see an easy way to do that. Is there a way to add a thumbnail/featured image to the series taxonomy? Do I need to create a new template file archive-series.php?

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction.

Bill Robbins

Hello James,

I hope all is well with you. While the theme does not have series graphic support added on, you can still create a page that lists your series. How I would do that is create a new page. In that page you can add in the images of your series, just make them all the same size and most likely, set them to align to the left.

As you add them in, WordPress will let you choose to link the images to something. You can enter the URL to your series as you insert the image. If you repeat that for all of them, you’ll end up with a listing page of all your series graphics.

If you run into trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding thumbnail support to Podcast Series’ is closed to new replies.