Adding Photos to the Homepage

Support Area Forums Foundation Adding Photos to the Homepage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    AudioGirl
    Participant

How do I add a photo and Photo Gallery to the Home Page?

Bill Robbins

Lori,

You can replace the default home page with a typical, default page that has a photo gallery in it. To do that, you’ll need to use your web host’s control panel. Open up the file browser and browse to the wp-content/themes/foundation folder. There you’ll want to rename home.php file to home-page.php.

Next create the page you’d like to serve as your home page. Once you’ve done that, go to the Settings > Reading page in your WordPress control panel. Set “Front Page Displays” to “A static page” and select your new home page to serve as the front page.

That’s how you can add a WordPress photo gallery to the front page.

If you need any other help, let me know,
    Bill

AudioGirl
    Participant

Thanks Bill.
    I really don’t want to lose the cool aspects of the Foundation Home page and have to start from scratch… . So is there way to just add a photo that allows me to KEEP my default foundation Home Page?

Thanks

Bill Robbins

Gotcha. There are quite a few plugins that can add a gallery to a widget area. I honestly don’t have experience with any of them, but one called Really Simple Gallery Widget caught my eye. It looks like it could be a promising place to start. It lets you add a gallery to any widget location as well as pick images directly from your Media Library.

That would let you keep your default home page too.

If you give it a try, let me know how it turns out,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Photos to the Homepage’ is closed to new replies.