Adding images to menu, sidebar

Support Area Forums Moonrise Adding images to menu, sidebar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Dan Gates
    Participant

Hi Bill,

http://www.troutriverbrewing.com

Was wondering if there was a way to get rid of the sidebar (currently empty) for the menus and add some pictures around the text. Have two different menus (beer and pizza) and don’t want the same images on both pages or else I’d just stick them in the sidebar. I want to put beer for beer, and pizza for pizza!

Any suggestions? Tried attaching images to menu items but it was very unsightly – put the image above. Wish it did it on the side, perhaps with the option to place it to the right or left of the text. Just a thought!

Thanks,
    Dan

Bill Robbins

Dan,

There are two plugins that I think will take care of your situation nicely:

1. Content Aware Sidebars lets you create sidebars that are only visible in certain situations. You could use it to create a new sidebar for your pizza menu and another just for your beer.

2. Image Widget lets you add images in a widget pretty easily. You could use this plugin to add images to your sidebar and then place them into the new sidebars you created with Content Aware Sidebars.

That’s how I would suggest approaching it. Let me know if you have any questions or trouble,
    Bill

Dan Gates
    Participant

Hi Bill,

That plugin doesn’t seem to be working. Sidebar doesn’t show up.

Bill Robbins

Dan, I haven’t tried it with Moonrise, but I’ve used it on several sites recently.

Sometimes the trick is to make sure you’re set to replace the correct sidebar. If you want to email a login to support@organizedthemes.com I’d be glad to take a look for you.

Dan Gates
    Participant

Set you up with a login/access. Let me know what you find – pretty sure I did it correctly, but who knows!

Bill Robbins

Dan,

Thanks for sending over the login. I took a look and the sidebars needed just a bit of tweaking. I set them so they are visible on the archive view (the menu groups are archives of the individual menus items).

I also set them to go with the menu sidebar too instead of the default. There was an empty text widget in the menu sidebar which causes it to be shown in the menu section instead of the default. Since the new menus were assigned to the default they wouldn’t load, but since the text widget was empty nothing would show up.

If you run into any other trouble, let me know.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding images to menu, sidebar’ is closed to new replies.