adding font

Support Area Forums Moonrise adding font

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author

Hi Bill.

Im really happy about using Moonrise.
    Now, Im trying to add Google fonts, using the guide provided here in the forum, but I dont succeed. Could you look at the screen dump attached here (don’t laugh) and tell me what I do wrong?

Also – I would like to copy the menu section, and make a winelist – how do I do that?
    I’ve read that the menu/service and staff section are basically the same, but they don’t look the same to me 🙂

Thank you for a great template!

Bill Robbins

Hello Anna,

Sorry for the trouble adding in fonts. Is there any way you could send over the URL to where you’re working with the theme? That would help me nail down the trouble best for you.

If you don’t have the URL available for the site, you can do this instead. View the source code of the home page in your browser and copy it. Then go to http://gist.github.com and paste it there. Then post the URL to that “gist” back here in our forum.

For the wine menu, I would stay in the food section of the theme. Just create additional menu groups for your wine menu. That way you can separate out food and wine on the front end of your site by adding the actual food items in one widget and the wine ones in another. That’s how I would tackle it at least.

There is a drop-down menu at the top of the food list in the admin that you can use to filter the groups that are displayed. That can be a big help if you end up with a long list.

I think that’ll work better than using either staff or services since they look so different.

Thanks,
    Bill

This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Thank you for sending that over Anna. Let’s do this instead. I’ve been adding a way for users to bring in more Google fonts in the Advanced tab of the theme options. I went on and added it to Moonrise this morning. The update should be in your dashboard shortly.

Once you’ve updated, go to the Theme Options page and click on the Advanced tab. You’ll find eight new fields there for additional Google fonts. I’ve attached a screenshot to show what you would enter for the ones you’ve selected.

After that, the new fonts will appear at the bottom of the font list in the Customizer for you to choose.

I hope that helps out. Let me know if you run into any trouble.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘adding font’ is closed to new replies.