Adding flash to home page

Support Area Forums Bottega Adding flash to home page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Scott Hannaman
    Participant

Bill, I am not that familiar with PHP and really don’t have a clear understanding of how to manipulate the home page to add a Flash movie at the top of the page between the slide show and the menu. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

Scott Hannaman
    Participant
    Scott Hannaman
    Participant

Also there seems to be an issue with the facebook widget now that facebook changed some of their like button attributes.

Bill Robbins

Scott,

You can add in a Flash movie after the slideshow on the home page. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section and select edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose home.php
    3. Look for this spot:

<?php if ( is_active_sidebar( 'home' ) ) { ?>

4. Paste your Flash movie above that and save your changes.

That should add in your movie, just above the widget area and below the slideshow.

For the Facebook like box, it appears that the URL is for a Facebook individual profile. Facebook only allows their like box to work with Facebook “Pages” (formally called Fan Pages). There are quite a few differences. You “like” a page; you “friend” and individual. If the page is a location you can check-in there. Individual’s have a limit on the number of friends. Pages can have unlimited likes.

If you do want to use the like box, you’ll need to create a Facebook page for it.

I hope that helps out. If you have any questions, just let me know.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Scott Hannaman
    Participant

Can you give me an example of PHP I use to place the swf file?

Bill Robbins

Scott,

You don’t actually have to use any PHP there. Just place the swf file in that spot like you would in a basic HTML file. That spot is in the right location in the HTML structure to display your movie where you’re hoping too.

I’m not a Flash expert, but if you need help, go to gist.github.com and paste the code you want to use there. Then paste the URL to that page here and I’ll do my best to help out.

Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding flash to home page’ is closed to new replies.