Adding element to Home Menu

Support Area Forums Forward Adding element to Home Menu

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://ltlov.org/wp
  • Author
    Peter Zogas
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Something strange is happening. I am unable to add a new menu item to my site. I tried adding page links, post links, etc. When I select “add item” it looks like the job completes, but I don’t see the additional menu item listed on the menu breakout on the right side of page.

Thanks for the assistance.

Pete

Bill Robbins

Hi Pete,

Sometimes WordPress can have trouble saving menus when there aren’t enough server resources available for that to happen.

At the present time there are two spots to work with navigation menus. You can set them up inside the customizer or by going to Appearance > Menus in your dashboard. I have seen instances where one will work when the other will not. If you’ve only tried one option, you might try the other and see if it will work for you.

You could also try disabling all plugins and see if you can change then. If it is a resource issue, sometimes the small amount of memory that the plugins take up being available again can make a difference. That’s especially true on inexpensive hosting where companies sometimes skimp on resources for sites.

Hopefully one of those will let you save again.

Let me know how it goes,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding element to Home Menu’ is closed to new replies.