Adding a third column to Foxy

Support Area Forums Foxy Adding a third column to Foxy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Bryan St. Amour
    Participant

I’m a developer, but web development is not my strong suit. My clients have asked me if it is possible to add a third column to the foxy theme that they purchased for a website. So, is it possible to do so? If so, is it possible to do so in a manner that will not disrupt how the theme looks on mobile devices?

Bill Robbins

Good question. Just about anything is possible to do. Where are you looking to add the third column and what content did you want to place there?

Bryan St. Amour
    Participant

I’m looking to add the third column so that it appears on all pages. I’m looking to find a way to integrate a twitter feed into the site (other media as well, perhaps.)

Bill Robbins

The easiest thing would be to use a Twitter widget as part of the default sidebar. You could place it just below the navigation and that wouldn’t require any editing of the theme (no possible mobile issues). I like the Wickett Twitter widget plugin. I use it on most of the sites I’m involved with.

If you do want to modify the theme to add another sidebar, let me know where you’d like it to go and I can give you a quote for what it would cost to modify the theme for that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding a third column to Foxy’ is closed to new replies.