Adding a custom carousel on static landing page

Support Area Forums Grassroots Adding a custom carousel on static landing page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.cakeytestsite.co.uk
  • Author
    Julie Langdale
    Participant

While I love the static hero image, my client wants a carousel where the hero image would normally appear – there’s tonnes of carousel plugins that offer a php shortcode once configured, but I don’t want to break the theme.

Is it possible to do it, or easier to create a slideshow style hero video?

Bill Robbins

Hey Julie,

You’re more than welcome to swap out the hero area for a slider plugin. The file you’ll need to edit /layouts/hero-section.php. The content inside this div:

<div id="hero-section" class="<?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, "hero_height", TRUE); ?>">

creates the output of the hero. The simplest solution would be to replace the code there with the call from your plugin.

You may have to use some CSS to convince the slider to fill the hero section completely but exactly what will depend on the plugin used. If you have any trouble let me know.

Bill

Julie Langdale
    Participant

The only php file I could find in the editor was hero-options.php – right file?

Bill Robbins

That’s the one.

Julie Langdale
    Participant

It’s sort of worked – defintely having an issue with the width though!

Bill Robbins

Does this plugin have an option for width? If it does, see if it’ll accept 100% as the width. If it won’t take 100% try 2000 pixels.

Julie Langdale
    Participant

Of course I didn’t think to look did I?

Sorted!!

Thanks Bill – you’re a wee diamond!

Bill Robbins

Sweet! I’m glad they had that option for you. Thanks Jule…hope you have a wonderful weekend ?

Julie Langdale
    Participant

You too 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding a custom carousel on static landing page’ is closed to new replies.