Add text in the topbar

Support Area Forums Foxy Add text in the topbar

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://tgcf.jordanchelli.com
  • Author
    Jordan Chelli
    Participant

Hi,

I’d like to add some text in the top bar with an alignment on the left (to not overlap on the social button).
    I didn’t find the way in the theme configurator. Do you have a tip for that ?

Thank you very much,

Jordan

Bill Robbins

Hello Jordan,

That’s a great idea. I went on and added an option for that to the theme and published an update this morning. It should be in the updates section of your WordPress dashboard soon.

The new option will be in the theme options page (Appearance in your dashboard and then Theme Options). The field for the new header text will be in the general options tab, about halfway down. It’s called “Custom Header Text.”

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Jordan Chelli
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much, I’m glad you liked it. I will tell it to my client who asked me that : he certainly will be proud 😉
    Just a simple question, do you know if it can influence my configuration and all my work if I make the update ?
    Anyway, I did this morning a SQL back-up and a FTP back-up.

Have a nice day,

Jordan

Bill Robbins

Hello Jordan,

Excellent question. It’s always good to have a backup. The only thing you would lose in an update are customizations made to the theme files themselves. WordPress updates themes by deleting them and then adding in a fresh copy so any changes made to the theme files themselves would be lost.

Outside of that your pages, posts, theme options and so on should be safe. Backups are always good to have just in case.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Have a great day,
    Bill

Jordan Chelli
    Participant

Thank you for your answer.
    I had to make again my customizations on the theme files and now it’s perfect.

I just had one little thing, it seems that the update made the top bar bigger. So I had this to my custom css to have it as I want :

header#primary {
    height: 30px;
    }

It’s now perfect !! My client is happy and I’m too.

Well done for your job, I’ll definitely will recommend and use your themes for now.

Have a great day,

Cheers,

Jordan

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear it worked out for you and your client. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Add text in the topbar’ is closed to new replies.