Add comments to certain pages.

Support Area Forums Authentic Add comments to certain pages.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Robyn
    Participant

Happy Holidays Bill!

I’m not sure why I am not figuring this out… Perhaps eggnog fog!

I would like to add comments to certain pages and can not find where I enable that. Do I need a plug in?

Thanks for your reply when you have a chance.

Robyn

Bill Robbins

Robyn,

Happy New Year to you. For WordPress posts, you can set each one to allow or deny comments. WordPress hides the settings by default. To find them, edit a post and click “Screen Options” in the top right hand corner. Make sure the box next to “Discussion” is checked. That will add the option to allow comments and trackbacks to your posts. On posts, the are on by default.

If you want to include them on pages, that can be done too. We’ll need to add that to the theme. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose page.php and find this spot:

<?php the_content();?> 

3. Right below that paste this:

4. Save your changes.

That should add in the option to allow comments on your pages. You’ll probably need to turn your discussion settings on for pages too.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Robyn
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your reply. I have successfully added comments to my pages! Yay!

I have a question(s) though:

Above the comment section, content was added:
    Start The Conversation
    Leave a comment
    Where can I change the wording on that?

Comments have been added to all pages. Is it possible to designate comments to certain pages?

Bill Robbins

Robyn,

You can change the text in the comments section. To do that edit the comments.php file. Line 27 has the text “Start The Conversation” which you can change there. Anything inside the ‘ ‘ can be edited there.

The “Leave a comment” is on line 49. You can edit that there too.

You can also choose which pages have comments by editing those pages in your WordPress dashboard. Click “Screen Options” and make sure that discussion is checked. That should give you a box where you can select to allow comments on that page or not.

Happy New Year,
    Bill

Robyn
    Participant

Got it! Thanks so much!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Add comments to certain pages.’ is closed to new replies.