Add blog link to staff pages

Support Area Forums Foxy Add blog link to staff pages

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Daren Endsley
    Participant

how can i add a placement of the word ‘Blog’ on a staff member’s page and have it link to their personal blog. i’d like for it to go right along with the phone, email, twitter, etc. links

Bill Robbins

Daren,

You can do that with a bit of editing. Here’s how to go about it.

1) Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2) From the list of files on your right, choose post-type-staff.php and look for this spot:

‘supports’ => array(‘title’, ‘editor’, ‘thumbnail’, ‘excerpt’, ‘page-attributes’)

and replace it with this:

3) Save your changes.
    4) Next edit a file called taxonomy-staff-group.php and look for this spot:

</p><div class="clear"></div>

and paste this right above it:

5) Save your changes.
    6) Edit a file named single-staff.php and repeat step 4 for that file too.
    7) Save your changes.

Now you’ll be able to add a blog link. When you’re editing a staff member now, you should see a section below the main content box for “Custom Fields.” If you don’t see it, try clicking on the “screen options” tab in the top right hand corner of the page. Make sure the checkbox by it is selected.

In the custom fields section, you’ll want to enter “blog” into the box on the left and then the URL to your staff member’s blog into the box on the right. Click update and then publish your staff member. You should now have a link next to Facebook that says “Blog” that will link to your staff member’s blog.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Add blog link to staff pages’ is closed to new replies.