3 Plugins an 1 Theme Updates

Support Area Forums Epic 3 Plugins an 1 Theme Updates

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://78b.1eb.myftpupload.com/
  • Author
    Jerry Chavez
    Participant

Bill, purchased your solution a while back (never published), and got side tracked with other projects, ready to pickup where I left off.

Upon Admin sign-in in a while I noticed 3 Plugins an 1 Theme Update (below):

Akismet (Currently Not Active): You have version 3.1.1 installed. Update to 3.1.3. View version 3.1.3 details. Compatibility with WordPress 4.2.3: 100% (according to its author)

The Events Calendar: You have version 3.9.1 installed. Update to 3.11.2. View version 3.11.2 details. Compatibility with WordPress 4.2.3: 100% (according to its author)

Widget Importer & Exporter: You have version 1.1.4 installed. Update to 1.2. View version 1.2 details. Compatibility with WordPress 4.2.3: 100% (according to its author)

Epic: You have version 2.0.13 installed. Update to 2.1.0.

Is it safe to update without loosing any configuration settings?

And could you refresh my memory how to backup my work?

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Hey Jerry,

To back up your site you’ll need to use a plugin like WP Backup to Dropbox or Backup Buddy. There is also a service from the people who run WordPress.com called VaultPress that can backup your site. Your web host may also have a way to do that. That varies from host to host though.

You shouldn’t run into any issues updating these. If you edited the theme directly — went to editor in the Appearance section of your dashboard and changed files there, then those changes would be lost in updating the theme. As long as you didn’t do that you should be fine.

It’s great to automate backups so they happen without you having to do anything. That way if anything ever happens you’re prepared.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘3 Plugins an 1 Theme Updates’ is closed to new replies.