WooCommerce product quantity counter issue

Support Area Forums Bottega WooCommerce product quantity counter issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.javalovesedona.com/orders
  • Author
    Joan Friedlander
    Participant

Hello,

I am having an issue with WooCommerce settings, or so it seems. I am using 2 variable attributes for the online sales of coffee beans, grind type and quantity. As you’ll see in the attached image, it doesn’t matter which quantity I select (how many pounds), the counter that gets generated doesn’t match the entry, it stays on 1 pound.

I have included the order page URL so you can see what I’m experiencing directly. Just click on any of the “select options” buttons under the 4 bean options and enter a quantity and bean time to see what happens.

BTW, if there is a way to simply get the quantity counter to come up, and to eliminate the quantity variable all together, that would be even better.

Thank you!
    Joan

Bill Robbins

Hi Joan,

Excellent question there. It sounds like you’re using one of the variables as a quantity. That makes perfect sense to me as a human, but I don’t believe WooCommerce will be aware that selecting two pounds there should increase the quantity. To it, two pounds is exactly the same as selecting red for the color of a shirt; that wouldn’t normally affect the quantity purchased. Does that make sense?

That’s typically how most shopping carts work and for consistency that’s something you’d want to stick with. As a consumer if changing the how many pounds to “2” also changed the quantity, I would be expecting four pounds delivered since that’s 2 times 2 pounds.

What you might consider is changing the price in the per pound variable. That way when someone selects two pounds, the price changes for that and not the quantity unless they want to order multiples of that quantity.

See how that works for you.

Take care,
    Bill

Joan Friedlander
    Participant

Bill, thank you! I will give it a try a little later today and report on my results.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘WooCommerce product quantity counter issue’ is closed to new replies.