widget-title

Support Area Forums Mise En Place widget-title

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Jim Berry
    Participant

Bill,

How can I change some attributes for widget-title for specific widget-panel within a page?

For example I have a menu page with multiple menu groups and would like to be able to change the widget-title (color) vs having the whole panel. When I try to change it through edit>attributes>css styles it adds it to the widget-panel.

Hope that was clear enough lol

Thanks

Jim

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Jim,

That is a great question. I don’t believe there is a built-in option to change the color of the widget title independently of the color used in the overall widget, but it can still be done.

First you’ll need to add the widget to your page. Then you’ll want to view the page and view the source code of that page. You’ll need to look through the code until you spot that widget’s content. Look back through the code just bit from there until you see the first spot that looks like this:

<div class="panel-grid-cell" id="pgc-8-1-1" >

That’s the unique identifier for that particular widget. We can use the ID of that to style that widget specifically. To change the color of the widget title in this spot you would do this:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Customize.
    2. Choose the Advanced section and select Custom CSS.
    3. Paste this in the box for the Custom CSS:

#pgc-8-1-1 h3.widget-title {
      	color: #000;
      }

#pgc-8-1-1 hr.small {
      	border-color: #000;
      }

Just replace the 8-1-1 with the ID number for that particular panel-grid-cell. Most likely it will be different than this one I pulled from the demo. The second style there is for the small line that goes beneath the widget title. You can leave it out if you’d like it to remain unchanged.

4. Save your changes.

That should let you change the widget title of that widget separately from the rest of the widget’s content. If you run into any trouble let me know. I can help you track down the ID if you want to send over the URL to the page you’re working on and let me know which widget on that page you’d like to change.

Take care,
    Bill

Jim Berry
    Participant

Works like a champ.

Thanks

Bill Robbins

Happy to help out 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘widget-title’ is closed to new replies.