website to look the same in ipad as it does in computer

Support Area Forums Progress website to look the same in ipad as it does in computer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://konwardevelopment.com
  • Author

Hi Bill,

I wan the website to look the same way in a ipad/telephone as it does look in the computer or laptop.
    how can i make sure of that?

Please let me know

Thank you

Angela

Hi, it’s just that on ipad the text is seen under the pictures, and on computer is next to picture, so i don’t understand why on ipad it looks different…. text is always meant to look next to pictures.

konwardevelopment.com
    Please help

Angela

Bill Robbins

Hello Angela,

It’s a good question. Designing for the web is different from designing for print. A 27 inch iMac shouldn’t be forced into the same layout as an iPhone. While they are both digital they are very different. it’s like expecting a full page ad to fit into a 1/8 page spot. So items do get resized and rearranged to fit.

If you’d like to take that out, you can.

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose header.php and remove this line:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

and save your changes.

3. Then edit the style.css file and delete everything after this point to the end of the file:

/* @group Media Queries */

/* MOBILE */
      @media only screen and (min-width: 320px) and (max-width: 480px) {

.flex-caption {
      		display: none;
      	}

}

and save your changes.

That should take out the responsive portions of the theme.

Have a great day,
    Bill

Hi Bill,

I’m not sure I understand….

so if I delete those items how will that affect the webpage?

will people be able to see the website properly in their mobile device as I see it on my laptop?

and also what is the responsive portion? what does that mean ?

please let me know

Thank you

Angela

Bill Robbins

Responsive design “responds” to the size of the browser window. To see what I mean, view your site on your computer. Then drag the window smaller. You see the design adapt to the smaller browser window.

If you remove those elements, it will take that ability to respond away. When you resize, parts of the site will simply overflow on the right hand side of your screen and a scrollbar will appear at the bottom. When you view the site from a smartphone, you’ll see the say layout as the desktop, only much smaller. You’ll have to pinch and zoom to read things.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘website to look the same in ipad as it does in computer’ is closed to new replies.