Update Authentic Theme in WordPress

Support Area Forums Authentic Update Authentic Theme in WordPress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://servantsofmary.org.previewdns.com
  • Author
    Robyn
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I need to update the Authentic theme for WordPress. What is the best way to install the update?

Is there anything I should be aware of or look out for?

I already performed a back-up.

I tried searching the support database but couldn’t find a solution. Thanks for your help.

Robyn

Bill Robbins

Robyn,

I’m glad you have a back-up just in case. Here’s what I would do:

1. Download the current version of the theme from the list of downloads on your right here on the support site.
    2. Unzip the authentic.zip file and rename the folder authentic-update and zip it back up.
    3. Install the update just like you would a new theme.

That will actually give you the new version and the old version on your server. When you activate the new one, you’ll probably have to set your navigation menu locations again. It’ll be a good idea to save your theme options, even if they all appear to still be there.

Just depending on which version you’re upgrading from, you may need to create a page for you home page. There are instructions on how to do that in the theme documentation (https://support.organizedthemes.com/authentic/).

If you need any help, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Robyn
    Participant

Hi Bill!

Boy am I glad I had that backup! Something is not right.

I updated the my plug ins and wordpress to the latest versions. There is some sort of disconnect between wordpress and the themes. It is not showing the graphic/thumbnail for the themes and if I click activate on the update, I get a page not found.

See attached.

Think I should reinstall the wordpress update?

Bill Robbins

I think that would be a good idea. It looks like WordPress may be trying the wrong URL’s for the screenshots.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Update Authentic Theme in WordPress’ is closed to new replies.