{{unknown}} is showing up as a new blog post – what is that?

Support Area Forums Grassroots {{unknown}} is showing up as a new blog post – what is that?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: https://www.kotafoundation.org/blog/
  • Author
    Debbie Ethell
    Participant

Hi Bill,

There is something odd happening in my blog that I just noticed. The second blog down from the top is presented as {{unknown}} and then there is a blank space as if there was supposed to be a blog. The blogs are in correct order too, which is strange. There wasn’t ever a blog in between the two where the {{unkown}} is.

Do you know how to fix this?

I appreciate your help,

-Debbie

Bill Robbins

Hi Debbie,

The unknown there is coming from a function that grabs the first video in a post and displays it above the post title. Some time ago, I ran into trouble with this function in the Kerygma and Forward themes, but totally forgot that it was part of Grassroots as well. If you don’t mind two quick edits, you can fix it right quick. Here’s what to do:

1. In the appearance section of your WordPress dashboard click edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose index.php and replace all the content of that file with this:

3. Save your changes and then edit the images.php file. Replace everything in that file with this:

and save your changes.

See if that won’t take care of the empty, unknown space for you. Let me know if you run into trouble.

Take care,
    Bill

Debbie Ethell
    Participant

Thanks Bill – that totally worked and the problem has been resolved.

Have a nice rest of your week!

-Debbie

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear that did the trick Debbie. I’ll roll that into the next theme update too. I just released on Saturday so it’ll be the one after that.

Enjoy your week too 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘{{unknown}} is showing up as a new blog post – what is that?’ is closed to new replies.