unable to change Homepage Static Page

Support Area Forums United unable to change Homepage Static Page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://lifeatccbc.com
  • Author
    Patrick Wong
    Participant

Hi,

I am unable to change the static page to my designated welcome page set as Home template

My website is currently down though. I think it is down because I kept trying to change the static page, and it somehow corrupts either the wp-config file or some other file. Now I am stuck on the wordpress install screen.

Thank you

Bill Robbins

Hi Patrick,

Sorry for the trouble there. Typically this is what you’ll do to set a page as your home page.

1. Go to pages in your WordPress admin and select Add New.
    2. Look on the right hand side of the edit screen that comes up and you’ll find a box for page attributes. There’s a drop down there for template. Choose “Home.” Next give your page a title and publish it.
    3. After that, go to the Settings section in your WordPress control panel and select Reading. At the top of this screen you can select what your home page displays. Choose the Static page option.
    4. You’ll see two drop down menus there. The top one is for your home page (the front page). Choose the page you just created for your home page. The second drop down is for your posts page (the blog). You can choose any page other than the one selected for the home page there to show your posts. If you’d rather not have a blog, just don’t select a page there.
    5. Update your settings.

That should set your page as the home page. If you run into any trouble, let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Patrick Wong
    Participant

THANK YOU SO MUCH BILL

I kept trying to change it via Customize, but that was giving me the correct error message. I had a language plugin, and doing it through Reading showed me the message that I had to have the Homepage translated in all pages in order to select it.

THANKS! Definitely really appreciate the support directly from the developer. Love your themes

Bill Robbins

Hi Patrick,

Glad to hear that way worked out for you. The customizer is a handy tool, but it can be missing some important information like that. I’m glad there are still ways to make those choices for situations like this.

If you need anything else, just let me know.

Have a great day,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘unable to change Homepage Static Page’ is closed to new replies.