Two prices for a food item in two different menu groups

Support Area Forums Foxy Two prices for a food item in two different menu groups

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://beechstreetbarandgrill.com
  • Author
    Merrie Ann Lawther
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Is there a way to have a food item appear in two different menus with a different price in each one?

Foe example, we have a salad that will be one price on the Entree menu and a different price on the Late Night menu (smaller portion). I have not created the Late Night menu yet because I wasn’t sure how to do this.

Thank you,
    Merrie Ann

Bill Robbins

Hi Merrie Ann,

Excellent question. Since they have different prices and appear on different menus, you’ll want to make separate food items for each one. If everything is the same you can just add a food item to more than one menu group, but if either the name, price or description is different then the way to tackle that is by having separate items for the variations.

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Two items with the same name won’t be any trouble. WordPress will use a different ID behind the scenes to keep them separate. Great question.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Two prices for a food item in two different menu groups’ is closed to new replies.