Two more issues

Support Area Forums Pneuma Two more issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Tim Grant
    Participant

Hi there,

I think I have encountered two more issues.
    1) When I go to appearance>customise>styling>buttons – the button text colour will only stay black
    2) I think I am missing the ‘Home’template, as I can’t find it in page attributes when I am trying to create my front page.

Thanks

Bill Robbins

Hi Tim,

Let’s see if we can get things going for you:

Buttons

In this case buttons refer to items like the submit comment button at the end of post or a button inserted into the content of a page via a shortcode. I hadn’t envisioned using it as a way to style a navigation menu item and the code isn’t set up to support changing the colors that way.

You can still do it though. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Customize.
    2. Look down for the advanced section and click on it. Then choose Custom CSS.
    3. In the box there, add this:

#header li.button a,
      #header li.button a:visited {
      	color: #fff;
      	background-color: #161717;
      }

#header li.button a:hover {
      	color: #161717;
      	background-color: #cccccc;
      }

The top style there sets the default color for a button in a navigation menu. The #fff is the color of the text and the #161717 is the background color. The second style is the hover color. Feel free to change those to fit your style.

4. Save your changes.

Home Page Template

There actually isn’t a home page template. When you’re editing your front page, look in the right hand column for a box labeled “Layout Options.” In that box you’ll see a drop-down menu. Choose the “Full Width (Page Builder)” option there.

Then look back at the top of the main content box. You’ll see a tab for page builder. Click on that. This will swap out WordPress built in content area for the page builder that Pneuma uses.

It breaks the content up into rows that you add widgets to. First click the add row button. It’ll open up a pop up where you can choose the number of columns and their width. You can change these at any time. After you insert a row, click the add widget button. That will also open up a pop up where you can choose a widget.

There is a widget there called Visual Editor that has the same editor window that you typically have in the page/post editing screen. It’s a good option when you need to add in text.

If you’ll click the wrench icon at the top of any row, it’ll open up options for that row. On the right hand side of that pop up you’ll see options for that row. In the design section you can add background colors and images and set the color of the text for that row as well.

The theme includes some widgets to help bring items like messages into the page builder.

To add a slideshow, look below the main content box and you’ll a box for slideshow. At the top there is a drop-down menu for including a slideshow. Choose to include one if you’d like to. You can then add slides using the options that appear. Each slide has its own set of options.

There is a button at the end of the first slide’s options you can use to add additional slides. That’ll also bring up arrows you can use to rearrange them.

The overall options for that page’s slideshow are at the bottom of the slide list.

Hope that helps out. Let me know if you have questions and I’ll be glad to help out in the morning.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Two more issues’ is closed to new replies.