Translation ready

Support Area Forums Photobug Translation ready

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author

Under the description it says that the web page is translation ready. What does this mean? Language? And how does it work?

Bill Robbins

Great question. The theme has all the text in it–“Leave a Comment” “Theme Options” and so on–set to in a “PO” file that can be used to create a language translation that WordPress can use. The theme doesn’t include the actual translations, but you can use the PO file to make a translation.

I hope that makes sense. If you have any questions, let me know,
    Bill

So what advantages does it give? Can I open the PO file and translate it? Is there any plugins that can use this? As You see, I am not so deep into programming 🙂

Bill Robbins

I’ll be honest, I’ve never made a translation file myself. I’ve taken Spanish, German, Greek and Hebrew, but my skills in all of those languages are not up to me offering a translation.

That said, you can use a program like PO Edit to translate the text that’s in the PO file into a new language. I don’t think think it’s very hard to do, but as I said I’ve yet to try it myself.

My mother-in-law is Cuban and she has agreed to create Spanish translations for me, but we haven’t had a chance to do that just yet.

If you do give it a try, let me know what you discover.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation ready’ is closed to new replies.