Top Level Menu Links?

Support Area Forums Progress Top Level Menu Links?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: www.broken-promises.org
  • Author
    HDTV-Entertainment
    Participant

I’d like to modify the top menu in Progress. Sometimes they connect directly to a page and there are no drop-down submenus options. That is fine.

However, when there are sub-menus, it’s a little confusing to me. If you hesitate on the top menu while reading the sub listings, you go to the page on the top. And, you might move the mouse off the top menu and or highlight a submenu and it is not clear that there is a top menu page option.

I think what I would like is that if there are submenus under to top menu, I could remove the link from it’s page and just add it to an additional submenu so it is clear.

Is this possible, or must top menus have a link associated with them?

Rk

Bill Robbins

Good question Richard. You can have a “dummy” menu item that you can use to place sub-menus under. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Appearance section and select Menus.
    2. In the left hand column, look for the box labeled “Links” and click on it.
    3. In the field for URL, remove the http:// and replace that with a #
    4. For the label, enter the text you’d like to have in your menu and add the item to your navigation.
    5. Arrange the sub-menu items like you would for a typical page.
    6. Update your menu

See if that doesn’t do the trick for you. If you run into trouble, let me know.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Hmm. That’s a bit unusual. It should be instantaneous because it’s actually how you would link to a point on the same page. If you were placing a link to the footer, often it would be something like #footer which should cause the browser to jump down to that point. It’s not something that typically requires the page to reload.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Glad it sped on up. Have a great weekend Richard.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Top Level Menu Links?’ is closed to new replies.